Welcome to Tessa's Writings

Hello, my name is Tessa and these are some of my essays and other writings. I hope you enjoy :)

Friday, August 9, 2013

Personal Statement


My name is Tessa Nickerson. I am fifteen years old and I’m a sophomore at Six Rivers Charter High School.  I have lived in Blue Lake, California my whole life and I love it here. I have 3 siblings, 2 older sisters and an older brother. My oldest sisters name is Cassie, my middle sisters name is Cara, and my brothers name is Nathan, but everyone calls him Nate. He is in the army, and has been in the army for a little over a year. I love to bake and cook. I have 2 dogs and a cat. One dog is a golden retriever and her name is Winnie. My other dog is a goldendoodle (golden retriever and poodle) and his name is Chewbacca, Chewie for short. My cats name is Peaches.

    I value writing a lot because when you’re writing you can just write down what you feel, and most of the time it just pours out of you. When you’re writing you can just express yourself. I like to write short stories and fictional stories. When I write fictional stories, my imagination just takes control of my hands and I begin to write.  I sometimes have difficulties when I’m starting to write essays, but when I finally start, it will come out.

    Personally, I don’t think that I’m a great writer. I always have troubles getting started when I’m writing an essay, but when I get to about the middle of it, it just flows out. I am not too good at coming up with a thesis, but I am good at taking notes, so thats a plus. I think I have pretty good punctuation, although not the best grammar.

    After high school I would like to go to culinary school and hopefully become a pastry chef. I want to have my own bakery or cafe. The culinary school that I would want attend is called the Culinary Institute of America. It is in Napa, so it’s very pretty there. But I’ve also been thinking about going to a culinary school in Portland because Portland is so ‘food-y’. My dream is to start a cafe locally, then gradually my business will take off and be very popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment